Castlerock has advised some of the largest energy and infrastructure companies in the world on the Indonesian renewable energy market, including opportunities, risks and entry strategies. These assignments typically entail comprehensive review of the current and expected future regulatory and investment environment, analysis of economic competitiveness of the target renewable energy technology, and assessment of market size. Castlerock has worked with investors and financial institutions to conduct pre-feasibility studies for specific renewable energy projects in Indonesia and elsewhere in Asia-Pacific, as well as more detailed project preparation, including technical, social, environmental and financial evaluations. Over the past 10 years, Castlerock has worked closely with governments and international agencies to prepare renewable energy policies and regulations. These assignments have covered wind, photovoltaic, hydro, biomass and geothermal power generation.
Planning, Regulatory Support and Policy Development
- Effective infrastructure policies and regulations balance considerations of economics, finance, engineering, law and politics. dedisse scripsisse iudicaretur.
- We excel at mobilizing and leading the multidisciplinary teams required to prepare sound policies and regulations.
- And we understand the mechanics of stakeholder consultation, risk allocation, direct & contingent government support, PPP modalities, pricing frameworks, and procurement that lie at the heart of infrastructure policy and regulations.
Business Strategy and Market Assessments
- We help energy companies create and adapt their corporate strategy to changing business conditions.
- We have advised start-up renewable energy companies as well as mature utilities with more than USD 10 billion in revenue.
- Our approach to strategy formulation starts with discussions with key stakeholder groups to understand various views and objectives for the future of the organization, assesses options for positioning along the value chain.
Corporate Strategy and Utility Operational Improvement
- Our institutional development work in the energy sector entails organizational design as well as capacity building of government agencies to help them achieve policy objectives.
- Our approach emphasizes accountability, so that organizations and positions have clear authority, the knowledge and resources to exercise that authority effectively, unambiguous performance metrics and incentives commensurate with their performance.
- We also work with governments to prepare and implement programs for internal, bilateral or multilateral funding to support policy and regulatory objectives.
PPP Project Preparation and Investor Support, Due Diligence and Financial Advisory SupportCastlerock works with clients to screen and prepare infrastructure projects procured on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis and to support specific PPP infrastructure financing transactions. Our services include :
- Due diligence for lenders and investors
- Preparation of tender documents and procurement management
- Financial analysis support for bidding and negotiations
- Risk analysis and project structuring
- Market sounding and support for the preparation of information memoranda
- Market assessments and demand studies for particular projects or business strategy formulation
Government Investment Project Preparation including Feasibility StudiesCastlerock works with government clients to screen and prepare infrastructure investment projects for government implementation including technical, market and financial analysis.
Our Latest Projects for Renewable Energy
Castlerock provided Project Finance Expert who will undertake the following tasks: Review and comment on detailed workplan prepared by FWG Contribute to preparation of first draft of discussion guides to support stakeholder engagement across public and private sectors Participate in first set of focus group discussions with public and private sector stakeholders and distill...See Details
Castlerock in 2021 supported the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) in developing a 2021-2026 Indonesia strategic plan for formulation and coordination of future business activities. Conducted mapping exercise for stakeholders with strong capacity and interest in the formulation of long-term energy transition scenarios with opportunity to influence the policy development and implementation...See Details
Castlerock assisted APEC and MEMR in preparing and supervising “Community-based waste management to renewable energy” workshop by preparing topic for discussion, agenda, identify speakers and participants, act as moderators during group discussion, prepare questionnaire and provide output for the result/aim. It is a virtual workshop for 4 days @half day each. Purpose of the...See Details
Castlerock delivered a World Bank report to assist the World Bank Team in engaging and advising the Government of Indonesia in the formulation of a compelling and sustainable medium/long-term vision for the country’s power sector. The assignment is divided into three stages: Stage I: Review of the power sector’s situation: This stage was comprised...See Details
Check out our other sectors
Contact us via the form below