Castlerock continues to provide consultancy support for core infrastructure services and projects including in the water, transportation, solid waste sectors at both the central and local government level. In contrast to many social sectors, there is greater potential for government to leverage private sector resources (to finance, construct and/or operate) new infrastructure projects through an effective public-private partnership (PPP) framework. Our infrastructure offerings aim to help government achieve this (in a workable manner). We also work with the private sector, drawing on the same pool of expertise to help prepare projects and support transactions. Our regional presence and local knowledge can help project sponsors reach timely completion and achieve the desired balance of risks and rewards.
Planning, Regulatory Support and Policy Development
- Effective infrastructure policies and regulations balance considerations of economics, finance, engineering, law and politics. dedisse scripsisse iudicaretur.
- We excel at mobilizing and leading the multidisciplinary teams required to prepare sound policies and regulations.
- And we understand the mechanics of stakeholder consultation, risk allocation, direct & contingent government support, PPP modalities, pricing frameworks, and procurement that lie at the heart of infrastructure policy and regulations.
Business Strategy and Market Assessments
- We help energy companies create and adapt their corporate strategy to changing business conditions.
- We have advised start-up renewable energy companies as well as mature utilities with more than USD 10 billion in revenue.
- Our approach to strategy formulation starts with discussions with key stakeholder groups to understand various views and objectives for the future of the organization, assesses options for positioning along the value chain.
Utilities Operational Improvement
- Our institutional development work in the energy sector entails organizational design as well as capacity building of government agencies to help them achieve policy objectives.
- Our approach emphasizes accountability, so that organizations and positions have clear authority, the knowledge and resources to exercise that authority effectively, unambiguous performance metrics and incentives commensurate with their performance.
- We also work with governments to prepare and implement programs for internal, bilateral or multilateral funding to support policy and regulatory objectives.
Public Private Partnership (PPP) Project Preparation and Investor Support, Due Diligence and Financial Advisory SupportCastlerock works with clients to screen and prepare infrastructure projects procured on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis and to support specific PPP infrastructure financing transactions. Our services include :
- Due diligence for lenders and investors
- Preparation of tender documents and procurement management
- Financial analysis support for bidding and negotiations
- Risk analysis and project structuring
- Market sounding and support for the preparation of information memoranda
- Market assessments and demand studies for particular projects or business strategy formulation
Government Investment Project Preparation including Feasibility StudiesCastlerock works with government clients to screen and prepare infrastructure investment projects for government implementation including technical, market and financial analysis.
Our Latest Projects for Infrastructure
Castlerock, in 2020, drafted a National Framework a National Strategy on Food Loss and Waste in Indonesia. The focus of the Framework was on identified hotspot of rice production and consumption in each province in Indonesia in post-harvesting stage, rice processing stage and final consumption at household level.See Details
Under this 2019-2020 assignment funded by the World Bank, an assessment was made of impact of new regulations in the water sector and of national water assets. Following this, options were identified for the National Water Agency and for a new MPWH structure.See Details
This 2019 Castlerock value chain analysis of marine fish aquaculture in Indonesia was geared to update the understanding and to identify business opportunities and challenges in Indonesia for Norwegian companies in entering the fisheries and aquaculture market. The assessment incorporated the following: Establishment of a macro understanding of the aquaculture industry including identification of...See Details
Castlerock conducted a review in 2015 of three mini-hydro power IPP projects located In South Sulawesi for a US based investor considering equity investment. The review assessed economic and regulatory factors impacting PLN’s decisions on whether to dispatch the plants under a Power Purchase Agreement regime without take or pay / availability payment obligations....See Details
Check out our other sectors
Contact us via the form below