Electricity Transmission, Distribution & Generation
Castlerock has helped electricity companies develop business strategies, restructure their operations and improve performance. Castlerock has worked with governments, multilateral lenders and regulated companies to prepare plans as well as to develop and implement energy sector policies and regulations. Castlerock was the first organization in Indonesia to utilize Plexos for least-cost expansion planning and power system production simulation. We have carried out investment evaluation assignments for both the national utility, PLN, as well as foreign and domestic private investors.
Planning, Regulatory Support and Policy Development
- Effective infrastructure policies and regulations balance considerations of economics, finance, engineering, law and politics. dedisse scripsisse iudicaretur.
- We excel at mobilizing and leading the multidisciplinary teams required to prepare sound policies and regulations.
- And we understand the mechanics of stakeholder consultation, risk allocation, direct & contingent government support, PPP modalities, pricing frameworks, and procurement that lie at the heart of infrastructure policy and regulations.
Business Strategy and Market Assessments
- We help energy companies create and adapt their corporate strategy to changing business conditions.
- We have advised start-up renewable energy companies as well as mature utilities with more than USD 10 billion in revenue.
- Our approach to strategy formulation starts with discussions with key stakeholder groups to understand various views and objectives for the future of the organization, assesses options for positioning along the value chain.
Corporate Strategy and Utility Operational Improvement
- Our institutional development work in the energy sector entails organizational design as well as capacity building of government agencies to help them achieve policy objectives.
- Our approach emphasizes accountability, so that organizations and positions have clear authority, the knowledge and resources to exercise that authority effectively, unambiguous performance metrics and incentives commensurate with their performance.
- We also work with governments to prepare and implement programs for internal, bilateral or multilateral funding to support policy and regulatory objectives.
PPP Project Preparation and Investor Support, Due Diligence and Financial Advisory SupportCastlerock works with clients to screen and prepare infrastructure projects procured on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis and to support specific PPP infrastructure financing transactions. Our services include :
- Due diligence for lenders and investors
- Preparation of tender documents and procurement management
- Financial analysis support for bidding and negotiations
- Risk analysis and project structuring
- Market sounding and support for the preparation of information memoranda
- Market assessments and demand studies for particular projects or business strategy formulation
Government Investment Project Preparation including Feasibility StudiesCastlerock works with government clients to screen and prepare infrastructure investment projects for government implementation including technical, market and financial analysis.
Our Latest Projects for
Electricity Transmission, Distribution & Generation
DKI Jakarta, Banten, West Java,
Central Java and D.I Yogyakarta
ADB engaged Castlerock to serve as the Independent Verification Agent (IVA) for monitoring and evaluation of the grid strengthening projects carried out under Results-Based Lending (RBL) which is a performance-based form of financing, where disbursements are linked to the achievement of results. RBL disbursements are made on the basis of independent verification of performance...See Details
Castlerock was assigned by the client for various services within the field of grid integration of energy generation plants, whereas the client mainly deals with the simulation of action alternatives regarding the grid connection as well as the fulfilment of the prerequisites of the applicable grid codes of the respective grid operators.See Details
Nusa Tenggara Timur, Nusa Tenggara Barat,
Maluku and Maluku Utara
WB engaged Castlerock to serve as the technical assistance and monitoring support for Disbursement-Linked Results (DLRs) for prior result and safeguards screening process for Annual Investment List (AIL) and prior result, which is a performance-based form of financing, where disbursements are linked to the achievement of results.See Details
Castlerock delivered a World Bank report to assist the World Bank Team in engaging and advising the Government of Indonesia in the formulation of a compelling and sustainable medium/long-term vision for the country’s power sector. The assignment is divided into three stages: Stage I: Review of the power sector’s situation: This stage was comprised...See Details
The Upper Cisokan Pumped Storage (UCPS) Hydroelectric Power Project will be Indonesia’s first pumped storage project, with total generating capacity of 1,040 MW. The World Bank together with AIIB served as primary funders of the project via large scale sovereign lending facilities to PLN. From 2020-2021, Castlerock, together with its subcontractors ECA and Quadran,...See Details
Contact us via the form below